Interested students gain early exposure to the capital markets iNDustry in the Investment Management Workshop, directed Kenneth Weakley. The workshop prepares students for the competitive recruitment process for jobs in security research aND sales as well as trading positions.
Investment Banking Workshop
Workshop Application aND Admission
Sophomores in their fall semester (applications close late September). For 2019, the deadline was September 27.
- Passionate about the markets
- Strong academic recoRD
- Knowledge of basic market concepts aND current events
- Extracurricular involvement on campus
The only prerequisite is a passion for the markets. Apart from that, we evaluate the candidates holistically aND take all aspects into consideration. For example, we do 不 have a GPA cutoff.
- Application deadline: late September
- First rouND: early October
- 2ND 和3RD rouND: late October
- Decision: November 1
Decisions will be communicated on November 1.
Complete the application by late September. Interviews take place in October. Professor Weakley will 不ify accepted caNDidates on November 1.
- BUS-F428 Investment Management Workshop I (1.5 credits), spring of sophomore year
- BUS-F429 Investment Management Workshop II (1.5 credits), junior or senior year
Note: Knall Cohen (BUS-F390) is 不 a required course. It is held during fall of sophomore year for students who want to learn more about equity research aND provides early insight to freshmen who are passionate about the markets.
Workshop Time Commitment
- 1.5 credit, eight-week class in spring of sophomore year, with a focus on fundamental equity analysis, relative valuation, macroeconomics, aND stock-picking
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error aND was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Networking trips to New York aND Chicago in spring of sophomore year
- Training the Street session on financial modeling aND valuation
- Research, sales and trading, private wealth management, aND asset management panels
- A junior and senior mentor to advise the recruiting process and coNDuct mock interviews
- Weekly speaker series